Onyx Construction Group has over ten years of experience in installing new roofs. If you observe any of the signs listed below, you need roof repairs or a new roof. Depending on the degree of damage, you can decide what is best for you and your house. Often the cost of fixing or replacing a roof is less than dealing with the damage an old roof can cause to your home. Please contact us for a free quote.
- Sagging decking between the rafters. If the decking is sagging or deteriorating, the decking will also require replacement when a new roof is installed.
- Outside light that can be seen through the roof. This may be common (and not a problem) on shake roofs, since the wooden shakes will swell during the wet months, effectively preventing any leaks.
- Signs of leaking in the attic (dark spots in the wood, especially around vents, chimneys, and other holes to the roof).
- Test dark spots in the wood to decide if they are old or current problems. If the spot is still wet, or if it is soft (test with a screwdriver), the spot is a current problem. If the spot is dry and hard, it is most likely an old problem that has been fixed.
- Signs of water damage or leaking (usually in the form of water stains, or sagging ceilings)--this could be due to an active leak in the roof or to condensation caused by poor roof ventilation.
So you’re up for a roof replacement? Most of us are guilty of neglecting roof replacement. And yet, this part of the house is very important as it shelters us from most of the weather conditions. Often, the roof is already leaking and rusting when we recognize the problem. But that can change if only we include it as part of our home maintenance.SIDING
Regular checking for leaks, cracks and rust are essential. These elements are hastened by bad weather conditions. Clean your roof often. Make sure that the gutters are free from dirt, fallen leaves and other interference. Do the cleaning before the rain comes. This way, rainwater will just flow freely and even help remove the debris from your residential roofing. Observe if your metal roofing is still in good condition by checking out for leaks when the rain is heaviest. Sometimes, leaks are not confined to one place. Check all the rooms and check for damages.
Protecting your home with siding not only provides an outstanding barrier against the weather, but will improve the curb appeal and resale value of your home as well. You can update the look of your home and save money, especially if you have had to repaint your house every few years.
Siding is known for its ability to stand up to the weather. It’s a great choice for protection against freezing winters and intense summer sun.
Onyx Construction has dedicated our business to helping Philadelphia, Bucks Counnty and Montgomery County area homeowners understand the importance of what holds their home together. We know that embarking on any home improvement project can be a very exciting time. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of professional service, and make this a very enjoyable experience for you.
Your home is the best security you have. Durable and energy efficient siding is not only an excellent and practical investment, but it adds lasting beauty as well. You can be confident your home will retain its value for many years to come.
Everyone knows painting exteriors can be costly and inconvenient. Our products fill all of your needs for maintenance free siding; manufacturers warranties cover chip, peel, rot, blister, rust or fade. You'll never have to paint again!
Once you've decided on one of our top quality sidings, you'll be glad you did. You will have a lasting, maintenance free product that has a clean, distinctive look that improves the appearance of your home and saves you money through enhanced energy efficiency.
Our siding products are available in a number of distinctive styles and designer colors with matching trims, including several darker colors.
Vinyl siding has proved to be an excellent alternative to wood or aluminum because of superior long-term performance.
Vinyl siding has all the visual characteristics of freshly-painted wood with a rich wood grain finish.
Maintenance free-easy care. Vinyl siding eliminates the traditional maintenance task of sanding, scraping, priming, and painting. With a garden hose, you can keep your vinyl siding looking new.
It doesn't just look good, it lasts! Vinyl siding is so durable, it's perfectly suited for your home.